Thursday, January 26, 2012

All In The Lord's Time




As I, Peggy, was finishing up my editing today, I noticed a post by Lynda that was still in draft form.  Forgotten perhaps, or the realizations too early and too sensitive to share?


I have decided to post it.  But not chronologically.   


This brief moment that Norm shares reveals him making the most of each moment.  I appreciate the words he uses in describing his situation. In this encounter he finds "help", "His", "humbled", "have" and "heal" to reveal his feelings.  And, even the title engages us to remember, "all in the Lord's time."  


I encourage you to read all of Norm's few but powerful posts at the very beginning of the blog.  They are tender, smart, and true.
_________________________________________________

On Thursday, April 29, 2010 Norman started having seizures on the left side of his body while working on his boat at dock. He was rushed to Southhampton Hospital where a CT scan showed swelling on his brain and 2 MRI's showed a regrown glioma in the same place as his first. He was transported to NY Presbyterian Hospital late Thursday night and is currently being treated with chemotherapy and physical therapy. His neurosurgeon and neurologist insist that further surgery and radiation is impossible and that if any current tumor is killed by chemotherapy, a new one will inevitably regenerate. The following story happened on Thursday, May 6 in the early morning, as told by Norm:
 This was a wonderful training opportunity for me. And to get the complete picture also. I have the Lord directing those around me to do what's necessary to help me through this ordeal. The Lord would not allow His children to wander without guidance. 


 On this particular morning, I was humbled by the slick floor and disorientation, that I needed a special messenger to counsel me that it will all take time and just to slow down and take things a little at a time. The counsel was important because I was getting ahead of myself in expectations. The Hispanic man who helped me by picking me off the floor and later giving me a message from the Lord, as a witness that the Lord is in control. 


 I have certainly been humbled this day by the disorientation and rescued by a messenger that the Lord sent to me. I'm so thankful to Heavenly Father that I have the gospel in my life and I'm grateful for the love he shows for us each day. We need to listen and be obedient to God's commandments and stay close to him by studying the gospel and teaching our children the principles. I need to slow down and in this healing process get the therapy I need, and the rest and nourishment my brain needs, to heal.

1 comment:

  1. Dad was an intelligent, ambitious and thoughtful man during his mortal life. He was a man of sound judgment and faith. It is good to read this post, and know that my Dad still considered himself in training at the end of his life. Dad was willing to humble himself and let the Lord direct.

    I found this post relevant to my own life because I also tend to get ahead of myself in expectations. The Lord IS in control. I want to follow Dad's advise to listen and be obedient to God's commandments and stay close to him by studying the gospel and teaching our children the principles. Dad and Mom did this; I can too!

    ReplyDelete